[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6465878/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/407082/custom-color/#87A93A” height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Golf is and will always be among the most popular sports in the world with many major tournaments held annually, but none compare to The Masters. The 2018 Masters Tournament was particularly exciting as evidenced by the 18% jump over last year’s ratings – the main reason for that is due to the return of Tiger Woods. He may not have won, but the fact that someone who was considered to have “fallen from grace” last year returned to the sport at all is worth celebrating.
In this episode, Lindsay and Whitney share their takeaways from this year’s Masters Tournament. Not only did they react to the wins and losses, but they also provide their opinions regarding some of the more obvious social issues being displayed on live TV. They also discuss HBO’s “Paterno” movie and provide commentary on how the film portrayed the scandal as well as why more people should’ve been held accountable.
“I’ve always been intrigued by the mystique of the Masters.” ? Lindsay Grinstead
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- The observable social inequalities during the Masters Tournament.
- What separates the Masters from other tournaments?
- Their comments on Tiger Woods’ performance.
- Their reaction to the whole “No Phones Allowed” rule.
- Is the sporting world full of hypocrites?
- What they liked about this year’s Masters.
- The story of the movie “Paterno” and why it was so moving.
- Their reaction to how people handled the Paterno case.
Lindsay’s MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to ? Alliance of American Football, a new football league by Bill Polian.
Whitney MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s LVP award goes to ? Minor League Hockey team bus crash, they lost players that meant a lot to a tightly-knit community.
Love the show? Join our fans on the net and leave us your honest feedback!