[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6012933/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/407082/custom-color/#87A93A” height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Weekends in college football just continue to exceed our expectations this year, and we think it’s about to get even more fun with the playoffs looming. Speaking of playoffs, we finally have our college football playoff teams, and we believe the selection is just right. There were teams that statistically had a better year that weren’t included, though. Makes you wonder how the committee decides these things.
Coaching rotations are still ongoing, and we seriously can’t believe the deal Jimbo Fisher had with Texas A&M. We think it’s more egregious than what Roger Goodell has, and that’s saying something! And for the first time since the restrictions were removed, we actually think the celebrations are about to peak, what with all the crazy stuff they’ve been doing on the field.
“The committee really values wins and losses. Wins and losses matter.” ? Lindsay Grinstead
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- Why the committee got the college playoff team selection right.
- Why people are better than computers when it comes to playoffs team selection.
- Should USC be more upset than Ohio State for not being included in the bracket?
- Jimbo Fisher’s ridiculous 10-year contract with Texas A&M and more coaching rotations.
- Why the recruiting in Texas is so good.
- Are players actually celebrating too much?
Lindsay’s MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to ? The NFL for their My Cause, My Cleats program.
- This week’s LVP award goes to ? New York Giants organization for being a huge mess this season and the unceremonious benching of Eli Manning.
Whitney MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to ? Joe Flacco for mocking Jameis Winston; Jimmy Sexton, for having negotiated more than 700 million dollars in contracts for NFL players and coaches in 2015 which is probably over 800 million dollars today.
- This week’s LVP award goes to ? Scott Frost going to Nebraska. This news broke during the UCF-Memphis game which could’ve waited until UCF savored their victory first; Rob Gronkowski took a cheap shot against Tre’davious White.
Love the show? Join our fans on the net and leave us your honest feedback!