[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5621793/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/407082/custom-color/#87A93A” height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
This week on the Girls on the Sideline pod, Lindsay and Whitney are so excited for football season! Whitney herself made sure to keep tabs on just how many days are left before kickoff. Can you believe we’re actually just 18 days away before the season starts?! If you’ve been listening to the girls for a while, you know they love their football! So, it’s no surprise that today’s episode is all about football.
From best players to best mascots, the girls provide their rankings and their opinions on each one on their list. The girls also get another chance to talk about their favorite, and probably trademark topic: Tim Tebow!
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- Their top college football players who aren’t Gators.
- The player who made Lindsay a football fan and the players Whitney found really fun to watch
- The game Lindsay says is the best ever.
- Football mascots and why some of them are too scary for kids.
- Why Jay Cutler is the grumpiest quarterback in the league.
- How the team behind getting the Olympics hosted in LA worked behind the scenes.
- A little bit about Serena’s baby shower.
- How Tim Tebow draws huge crowds despite playing in the Minor League and part of the opposing team.
Lindsay’s MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to ? NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Jones and Nike because they custom made gold shoes.
- This week’s LVP award goes to ? Junior League World Series for disqualifying a finals team because of a Snapchat photo.
Whitney MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to ? (1) Leonard Fournette because he donated 700 of his childhood trophies so they can be turned/melted into an entire weight set for a high school. (2) Hall of Fame induction ceremony speech by LaDainian Tomlinson and how it spoke about equality.
- This week’s LVP award goes to ? LVP to herself because she forgot to mention a really great sports movie in our Favorite Sports Movies & TV Shows episode.
Love the show? Join our fans on the net and leave us your honest feedback!