[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5424176/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/407082/custom-color/#87A93A” height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Kelli Masters is a certified sports agent and owner of Kelli Masters Management, a company that builds on representing athletes in the NFL, MLB, MMA, and even the Olympics. She’s also been awarded the Best Lawyer in America four times, and Rising Star twice. On top of her already stellar portfolio, she’s also a five-time champion baton twirler and became Miss Oklahoma in 1997.
Today, Kelli shares her passion for sports, why she started Kelli Masters Management, her experience as a female in a male-dominated industry, and her favorite moments in sports. What are your thoughts on our guest this week? Feel free to leave us a comment with your thoughts!
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- Where her passion in sports began.
- How and why she began her company
- The statistics on football players and their legal and financial troubles post-career.
- How the agent industry works and why it’s an ongoing process.
- Her criteria on working with a potential athlete.
- The different rules and laws regarding the agent industry.
- The first thing she does when an athlete hires her.
- The importance of communication with players as an agent.
- What was the response she received upon entering a male-dominated industry?
Connect with Kelli:
Love the show? Join our fans on the net and leave us your honest feedback!