[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4563437/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/custom-color/#87A93A” height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Gold Medal Olympian Steve Mesler
On today’s episode, we have a special treat for all of our amazing listeners and fans! Gold Medal Bobsledding Olympian Steve Mesler joins us on the show to share his insight and experience as an Olympic athlete. Steve is a three-time Olympic athlete who has led his team to Gold in the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic games for the 4-man bobsled event.
Although Steve no longer participates in the Olympics, he is still very much involved in the games. He is now a member of the Board of Directors of the United States Olympic Committee as well as the co-founder and CEO of the organization, Classroom Champions ? an international organization pairing Olympic athletes and students for education and mentorship opportunity. Steve explains his role with the U.S. Olympic Committee as well as what fueled him to form Classroom Champions, their mission, and how their initiative has helped improve the lives of students around the world.
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- How Steve first became involved in bobsledding and his childhood dream of becoming an Olympic athlete.
- What training for bobsledding was like for him?
- How competing in the Olympics differs from other competitions he has participated in.
- His description of the Olympic Village.
- Why Steve would go to Rio as an athlete if he still competed in the Olympic games, despite the negative press circulating the news today.
- His role as a board member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and what it entails.
- What inspired him to form Classroom Champions.
- How he recruits Olympic athletes to volunteer for his organization’s cause and help children around the world.
- His all-time favorite team in any sport.
- The first sporting event he has ever attended.
- The best sporting event he has ever seen live.
- What song he would choose to be his walk-up song if he were a baseball player.
Love the show? Join our fans and leave us your honest feedback!